Coronavirus Contingency Plan
This plan has been designed around the recommendations of the NC Baptist Association and the CDC. This plan is about preparation, not panic, and is designed to protect the safety of our congregation, visitors, and their families. This plan is divided into three levels based upon the threat assessment and the needed response.
We will continue to meet for all of our regular services and activities; however, in order to help prevent the spread of the virus, we will implement the following strategies.
- Temporarily suspend the meet and greet times and ask everyone to avoid hand shakes and hugs (substitute waves and elbow bumps).
- Emphasize the frequent and thorough washing of hands with soap
- Emphasize for everyone to avoid touching mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands
- Emphasize for everyone to sneeze and cough into their elbow and to properly dispose of all tissues immediately.
- Setting up of hand sanitizing stations around the church
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you become sick, please isolate yourself from others for two weeks
Level two would involve the restriction and cancelation of different facets of our ministry. We would continue to hold our regular Sunday morning services, but we may choose to suspend other specific ministries or events. (Examples: Spring Fling, Wednesday night meals, and various Bible Studies.)
- Please Note, being at Level 2 does NOT mean that all other ministries and activities are cancelled. We would examine these on an individual basis.
Suspension of corporate worship services for a period of time and instead use technology to Livestream the worship time.
Additionally, there are several possible options available for Sunday school classes and small group Bible Studies. Interactive software such as Zoom and Lifesize can be used for these times and would help to keep everyone connected. We will help in the coordination of this in the weeks to come.